Twitter Updates

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ahh, almost back to normal?





Well as usual, this didn't work out quite like I planned. I was hoping to be taking daily pictures and posting them here. I just NOW have the rest of the maps up in the blogs as we moved.
And we didn't take as many pictures as I thought we might. Probably a mistake, but oh well, we had fun!

So... I was going to put some of these pictures we took into various points when we were there in the previous posts, but it seems like that's a bit of a pain, so I think I'll just post them on here and explain them. I suppose I'd have to do that anyway.

But as for general news since we made it back. Not much. The trip went pretty smooth. We largely just relaxed the weekend after. Sara started getting a bit more congested and really wasn't feeling well until the last day or so. I ran all over the hills collecting the oil that had piled up while I was gone and had 13 pails to empty on Friday when we were back. Got to try out one of my Christmas presents, a bucket heater. It works WAY better/faster than the aquarium heater I had (1000 watts gets a lot hotter than 300). But it's not that miracle I was hoping it might be. I can't just shove it in a pail of solid oil outside when it's 25 degrees and have the entire pail liquid in 15 minutes or less. The top and middle would, but it just can't combat that much cold at the edges and bottom (or at least not in the time I was out monkeying with stuff). So the routine for the winter is still to bring the pails into the basement for a few days before dumping into the barrels.
Boy I hope this veggie stuff works well come spring... (:

And then back to work from home on Monday to get some hours in and business as usual yesterday. Though I did get to meet my new cousin Vivian! Very easy going and cute to boot! (:

No comments: